The mission of the Governor's Residence Preservation Fund is to preserve the historic Governor's Residence at the Boettcher Mansion and bring it into full use and enjoyment for Colorado residents. Education Programs, public programs and events are statewide, inclusive and non-partisan.
Welcome to the Governor’s Residence at the Boettcher Mansion!!
The mission of the Governor's Residence Preservation Fund is to preserve the historic Governor's Residence at the Boettcher Mansion and bring it into full use and enjoyment for Colorado residents. Education Programs, public programs and events are statewide, inclusive and non-partisan. In nine years we have hosted over 75,000 visitors to the Residence for public tours, cultural arts and heritage celebrations and state industry events. Most of them were first-time visitors, delighted to enjoy the beauty of Colorado’s Home.
We often refer to the Colorado Governor's Residence at "Colorado's Home" as is it an asset that belongs to the people of Colorado. We
Education and Colorado History
- Our standards-based Education Program brings Colorado history to life for 3rd to 5th grade students, serving 3,000 students each school year. An interactive web-based program supports social study educators in the classroom as well.
- New Historic Public Tours welcome the public to the stunning Residence, the Governor's Gardens, Carriage House, restored green house and elegant Cabinet Room.
- COMING UP!!! Doors Open Denver - April 23rd and 24th
- Summer Tours every Tuesday, June 14th - August 16th, 2013 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. 45 minute tours begin at every quarter hour.
- Holiday Tours, 2016: Dates to come!
- The historic Gazebo on the East lawn is fully restored. Thanks to generous grants from the State Historic Fund, the Colorado Questers and Gates Family Foundation, this charming gazebo has new life. The original benches had been removed which caused the stone poritions of the gazebo to shift and twist under the weight of the iron dome. We repaired the stone pillars and reconstructed the benches so this Italian relic can live on for another 100 years.
- We have recently completed Phase III of the historic perimeter fence restoration project. This project included the restoration of the historic masonry and decorative fence line around the mansion. To date we have completed restoration of the fence along Eighth Avenue and 200 feet along Logan Street.
- NEW PROJECT...YOU CAN HELP! We are hoping to finish the historic perimeter fence restoration along Logan. We will repair the masonry fence and pillars and the remaining decorative iron fence. This project is possible because of a grant from the State Historical Fund. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW YOU CAN BE A PART OF PRESERVING COLORADO'S HOME!